Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Precious


WARNING---BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER AT THE END I BASED MY OPINIONS ABOUT THE TYPICAL AFRICAN AMERICANS!! YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO WRITE BUT THAT'S MY OPINION AND I WILL ALWAYS FEEL THAT WAY :)



At first to tell you the truth I really didn't want to go see this movie....well 1. because it seems like it's a typical black movie where blk ppl are struggling and keep blaming the white men and the government for their laziness-which by the way it was about I felt that I needed to open my mind a little and try something different). ...and 2. it seems boring and short...I thought it had no point to it.

..so I gave it a try and went to see it-boy I did not regret it :)
This movie is one of the movies that made you face reality although you're not in the character's foot. I am glad Iwent to see it..

enjoy...

Clareece "Precious" Jones is an overweight, illiterate African-American teen in Harlem. She has it bad for her at home with an abusive mother and a rapist for her father. ..because of her non-educated self (mother's fault) it is very hard for her. She's already on her second child (her dad's child cause that mother fucker raped her)...Precious lives in this fantasy world where her teacher from her previous school would leave his wife to be with her-LOL to that....but anyway..Just as she's about to give birth to her second child, Jones is accepted into an alternative school where a teacher helps her find a new path in her life.
I believe if she didn't get accepted at the school she would eventually go to the wrong path and maybe commit suicide.



I believe there are people living and using the government like Precious's mother. It's sad to see the born and raised Americans have it easy... because it's their country you'd think they'll take full advantage to that? NO!! it's really fucked up how they spread kids to collect our taxes...I don't think it's fair....SOME are very lazy..rather stay home smoke weed and use the governement but when they're being questioned it's always "the government's fault..the white men is preventing me from getting an education" when in all actuality the white men are always willing to help and support...so how are "they" preventing ya lazy asses anyway?


....ANYWHO..SHOULD I STOP THERE? HMM!


I think you know exactly the types I'm talking about and if any who happens to read this review feel some type of way ..just know that's what I see and know ppl like that and my opinion!







Actors:
Mo'Nique as Mary
Paula Patton as Ms. Rain
Mariah Carey as Ms. Weiss
Gabourey Sidibe as Clareece "Precious" Jones
Sherri Shepherd as Cornrows
Lenny Kravitz as Nurse John
Chyna Layne as Rhonda
Nealla Gordon as Mrs. Lichenstein
Bill Sage as Mr. Wicher
Kimberly Russell as Katherine
Rodney Jackson as Carl
Chazz Menendez
Man #1 Exits Elevator (St)
Roy T. Anderson (II)
Man #2 Exits Elevator (St)
Ephraim Benton
Skinny Boy #1
Shortee Red
Skinny Boy #2
Tim Allen (VI)
Skinny Boy #3
Directors:
Lee Daniels
Writer:
Geoffrey Fletcher
Screenplay (adaptation)
Producers:
Oprah Winfrey
Producers:
Tyler Perry
Lisa Cortes
Tom Heller
Simone Sheffield
Co-Executive Producer
Lee Daniels
Co-Producer
Mark Mathis

No comments: