Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Orphan...there's something wrong with Esther!


Hello everyone....

......yup I've been MIA on here-Hmm!! Wonder why though :)

But I'm back-hopefully for good.Ok my first movie, well the first movie I am going to write about since whooww!! "The Day The Earth Stood Still" with Mr. Keanu Reeves.


Ok it's been a while since I've watched a horror film-BUT "Orphan" is not a horror film at all. My friends told me "it's so scary, omg val I have nightmares"-blah!! Lol

...Seriously I'm the type scared or not I will see it-I'll get over it :)But it wasn't a ghosts-type of movie nor anything greusome at all. It is more like a suspense type of movie-you know the ones that keeps you on the edge of your seat and make you want to jump on the screen and do something-help the lil innocent victims :(But I can honestly say it's worth seeing, the actors are GREAT!!


...just enjoy a little written preview ok...

A husband and wife who recently lost their baby and they decided to adopt a 9-year-old girl who is not nearly as innocent as she claims to be. The tragic loss of their unborn child has devastated Kate and John, taking a toll on both their marriage and Kate's fragile psyche as she is plagued by nightmares and haunted by demons from her past. Struggling to regain some semblance of normalcy in their lives, the couple decides to adopt a child. At the local orphanage, both John and Kate find themselves strangely drawn to a young girl named Esther. Almost as soon as they welcome Esther into their home, however, an alarming series of events begins to unfold, leading Kate to believe that there's something wrong with Esther--this seemingly angelic little girl is not what she appears to be. Concerned for the safety of her family, Kate tries to get John and others to see past Esther's sweet facade. But her warnings go unheeded until it may be too late-for everyone.




* Cast:
Vera Farminga as Kate Coleman
Peter Sarsgaard as John Coleman
Isabelle Fuhrman as Esther
CCH Pounder as Sister Abigail
Jimmy Bennett as Daniel Coleman
Aryana Engineer as Max Coleman
* Directed by
Jaume Collet-Serra
*Writing credits(WGA)
David Johnson
(screenplay) (as David Leslie Johnson)
Release Date:24 July 2009 (USA)


No comments: